The following are provided as a listing of useful resources:
- FARE - Food Allergy Research and Education
AAAAI - American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
Food Allergy Initiative - Non-profit for treatments and cure for food allergies
Medicalert - Emergency Medical Bracelets
AAFA - Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
National Eczema Society
Example Letters and Documents
- Parent Letter Example
- Training Template
Online Support Groups
- AllergySupport - Comprehensive Allergy Support site
AllergicChild - Support site focusing on parenting food allergic children
FAST - Food Allergy Survivors Together
- Kids With Food Allergies - (KWFA)
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Cookbook and Food Allergy Parenting Book - What's To Eat? The Milk-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free Food Allergy Cookbook has over 145 recipes that your entire family will enjoy and your guests won't believe are "allergy-free." These are dishes that can be enjoyed by everyone, whether they suffer from food allergies or not. Also available is How to Manage Your Child's Life-Threatening Food Allergies: Practical Tips for Everyday Life, which provides the step-by-step information you need to create a safe and enjoyable home, school and social life for your child.
- AllerEnergy, Allergen-Free Nutrition Bar - AllerEnergy is perfect for athletes and active, food allergic people of all ages. Whether you are a world-class athlete, a “weekend warrior”, or a child-prodigy in the making, AllerEnergy was developed to provide you all the nutrients, minerals and vitamins to keep you at your best. AllerEnergy bars are free of: Peanuts, Gluten, Eggs, Soy, Dairy, Tree Nuts, Shellfish, Fish, Corn, Sesame Seed and Yellow Dye #5 (no artificial dyes of any color).
- The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook: 200 Gourmet and homestyle recipes for the Food Allergic Family - Winner of an I-Parenting Media Award, and consistently on the top ten list for preorders on Amazon, The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook: 200 Gourmet and Homestyle Recipes for the Food Allergic Family is the first cookbook to eliminate all 8 allergens responsible for 90% of food allergies from every single recipe. Click the title of the book to read reviews on Amazon or to order.
For more information, visit Allergycookbook.blogspot.com
- Amanda’s Own Confections - Dairy and Nut-free chocolate.
- Cherrybrook Kitchen - All natural baking mixes that are peanut, dairy, egg and nut-free! Also available in Wheat Free/Gluten Free.
- Divvies - Popcorn & cookies made without peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and milk.
- Enjoy Life Foods - Foods processed in a dedicated Gluten and Nut (peanut and tree) free facility with no dairy, soy, egg, sesame, seafood or additives.
- Foods You Can Eat - Recipe Database for people with food allergies, features a search tool based on allergens.
Gak’s Snack’s - A new web-based company whose mission is to make it easier for children and families with food allergies to enjoy baked goods like everyone else. We offer cookies and coffee cake, baked in our dedicated facility with no peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, wheat, or dairy. Our products are also whole grain, certified organic, and contain no cholesterol or trans fat. For those who enjoy baking, we have just published a food allergy cookbook for baked treats and we offer many of the ingredients in our web store.
- Hippie Chick Bakery - Gourmet baked goods that can be made dairy, egg, and gluten-free. Organic ingredients use. Please note: Tree nuts and peanuts are used in the facility. The owner takes cross-contamination measures but cannot guarantee that products are nut/peanut-free.
- No Allergens Please Recipe Software - The perfect recipe software for everyone. Regardless if you stay away from Eggs, Milk, Soy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Fish and or Shellfish and even if you don't this program is for you. Enjoy the flexibility of one stop searching for all of your favorite recipes. Share recipes with family and friends. Set up special diets and food vendors for up to 10 people. Print, e-mail or fax your recipes. Convenient shopping list and cook's quick form. Custom search and eliminate for specific avoidances or browse all recipes in a category that you define.
- Safety Stickers
- Vermont Nut-Free Chocolate - Peanut free and tree nut free chocolate candy exclusively. Our entire product line is safe for those with a peanut allergy or a tree nut allergy as there are no peanuts or tree nuts at the facility.